Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Air Systems / Air Industrial
is seeking an experienced Accounting-HR professional lead our Accounting and HR department as our current Controller moves toward retirement. The company, the region’s leading supplier of commercial and industrial Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment and systems, combines advanced equipment and software with highly skilled workers to understand its customers’ needs, develop technology, and deliver cost-effective, high-quality equipment and services.
WHAT MAKES THIS OPPORTUNITY UNIQUE?
The Accounting-HR Manager is responsible for all Accounting and HR functions of the Company. You will be working directly with the Controller to learn the Companies existing processes and systems. This position will have the autonomy to make decisions that directly impact your work, the work of your support team, the relationships with customers’ accounting departments and our Sales Team. Currently the Accounting-HR team includes the Controller and two others; a third person will be added for additional accounting and office systems support. This position will report directly to the Company VP/GM and will eventually lead to a Controller/CFO role.
WHAT MAKES THIS COMPANY UNIQUE?
Its People! We pride ourselves with “putting our employees first.” Our culture focuses on developing employees for current and future success. With a flat organizational structure, Pittsburgh Air Systems leverages employees’ knowledge and skills, and trusts them to make good decisions, resulting in high employee morale and retention.
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Oversight of the finance and accounting function including supervision of A/P, A/R, job cost analysis, month end close and financial statement preparation.
- Responsible for the timely completion of job, sales, and inventory reports.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, supporting schedules and account reconciliations.
- Calculation of quarterly sales commissions.
- Administer and process Payroll with ADP payroll service.
- Oversees the accurate reporting of jobs and all job related activities.
- Responsible for all property, liability and workers compensation insurance programs.
- Provide external audit information.
- Provide leadership in establishing consistent accounting practices and policies throughout the company.
- Responsible for monitoring warehouse inventories and operations.
- Work closely with all external partners including banks, insurance brokers, CPA firm, etc.
- Benefits billing and administration in accordance with employment laws and guidelines.
- Administer 401K program and the point of contact for financial advisor group and third party administrator.
- Manages annual benefit open enrollments.
- Conducts new hire orientation including processing of employment, payroll and benefits documents.
- Work closely with insurance broker to ensure proper handling of benefit claims, questions, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five to ten years accounting experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Technologically savvy with knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Multitasker with the ability to stay organized, supervisory experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience in human resources is a plus but not required.
- Minimum travel.
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and resume electronically to CurtMarsh@PittsburghAirSystems.com
. Please reference Accounting Manager
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.